We’re proud of our kids’ cooking classes – we don’t simplify them just because they’re kids. We believe that kids are every bit as capable as most adults in the kitchen – and this is where the foundation to good and healthy eating habits begin. These classes introduce students to a variety of cuisine and techniques. They provide basic cooking skills, including kitchen safety, recipe reading, ingredient measuring, and plate presentation while building kitchen confidence in a fun environment.
KIDS’ COOKING CLASSES
All kids’ cooking classes are hands-on, and are targeted to kids ages 6 and up. We offer 3 categories of kids’ cooking classes:
- Parent/Child classes for a parent and 1 child, ages 6 and up. These classes allow you to work alongside your junior chef and then sit down and enjoy a meal together. There is also an option to bring a second child of age for an additional fee.
- Family Dining classes are for 1 child, ages 8 and up, and up to 2 family members. This is our attempt to get you to slow down a little and gather around the table to enjoy a meal with your junior chef! In these classes, you drop your child off at our kitchen to prepare a delicious meal. Then you come back for the last 30 minutes of class to enjoy the meal that your child has prepared for you!
- Kids’-Only classes. Most of these classes are for children, ages 8 and up. They cover a wide variety of topics — everything from knife skills to baking to international cuisine.
FALL 2013 CLASSES
- 9/28 Crazy for Cookies!
- 10/6 Greece is the Word
- 10/13 Tempura Takeover
- 11/10 Fabulous Fall Flavors
- 11/24 Together at the Table
- 12/1 Have Your Cake & Eat it Too!
- 12/8 Biscotti Bake-off!
FAMILY DINING CLASSES
Ann Arbor Cooks will be rolling out a series of kids’ cooking camps over the next year. Many of these camps will occur in the summer, but some may be scheduled intermittently throughout the school year to coincide with school breaks. These camps will vary in their age groups and subject matter, and are sure to offer something for everyone! Please check back for more information.
Are you looking for a new and different way to celebrate your child’s birthday? Consider a birthday cooking party — it’s the perfect way to celebrate the birthday of a young food lover. Not only does a cooking party provide an unbeatable hands-on activity to entertain the kids, but the event culminates in a fully prepared meal for them all to enjoy. Pricing starts at $500 for up to 10 children. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or if you would like to book your party today.