Ann Arbor Cooks specializes in hands-on participation cooking classes because we feel that students learn best when executing the technique or menu themselves, and as a result, leave with a much greater level of confidence to practice what they have learned in their own kitchen. Class sizes are limited to provide for an interactive learning experience, where all students have ample exposure to the instructor. We offer a wide range of class topics and cater to virtually every interest, age, and skill level — please refer to our Class Schedule to see all current class offerings.
Our mission is simple: to cook thoughtful and seasonally-inspired food, to provide a technical foundation on which to build kitchen confidence, and most of all, to put fun back into the kitchen!
Why take a class at Ann Arbor Cooks?
- Our classes our FULL PARTICIPATION providing for a HANDS-ON confidence-building experience.
- We teach you by TECHNIQUE and not by recipe, making you a more intuitive and resourceful cook.
- We teach you in TWO ways: first, we SHOW you how to do it with an instructor-led demonstration, and then we break you up into teams and you DO IT YOURSELF with the instructor never more than arms-length away, guiding you through the process.
- Every class ends with students sitting down together to enjoy the fruits of their labor. After, students will leave with a full recipe packet from the class, as well as any leftovers, if they’re lucky enough to have any!
- We provide EVERYTHING — ingredients, equipment, knives, aprons, and towels!
- Our instructors are formally trained, have a wealth of industry experience, are passionate about food AND teaching, and are eager to share their culinary knowledge, tips & tricks with you!
- We have FREE and EASY parking and are conveniently located off I-94 and M-14.